The ageing process
When we are young our skin has natural hydration, as we grow older this hydration dries out, which makes our skin look dull and wrinkled. We can use creams which will temporarily moisturise the skin but cannot maintain the deep hydration needed to give us back the elasticity and healthy glow we had when we were younger.
WHY WOULD I NEED DERMAL FILLERS?
- Injection Facelift
- Tired / sunken eyes
- Redefine lip shape
- Nasal reshaping
- Smoother youthful hands
- Tighter skin on neck and chest
- A naturally younger looking face
- Give a more youthful profile to your facial features
WHAT ARE DERMAL FILLERS?
Dermal fillers are injectable products that soften and correct lines, wrinkles and folds in the skin. In addition, they are commonly used to augment and enhance the lips, cheeks and facial contours.
WHY should i CHOOSE DERMAL FILLERS?
- Safety - over 10 million treatments performed over 10 years
- Natural - tissue tailored HA resembles the skin’s own material
- Long lasting - but not permanent (typical results last 6-24 months)
- Non-animal - reducing the risk of adverse reactions (only 1 in 20 000)
- Quick and simple- most treatments take ‹ 30mins to complete.
8 point Facelift
8 POINT FACELIFT
Mid face rejuvenation
Décolletage and neck
WHAT HAPPENS during MY APPOINTMENT?
- Informed consent with pre-treatment photos
- Local anaesthetic cream or injections used to increase comfort
- Dermal filler injected into skin via fine gauge (27-31G) needle
- Injection sites massaged to promote even integration into tissue
- Tissue expansion associated with slight burning / stinging sensation
WATCH A CONSULTATION WITH DR ACQUILLA
CAN I FLY AFTER HAVING DERMAL FILLERS?
YES after 12 hours
CAN I GO TO THE GYM AFTER HAVING DERMAL FILLERS?
NO Its recommended to wait at least 12 hours.
CAN I DRINK ALOCHOL AFTER HAVING DERMAL FILLERS?
NO Its not recommemed for 12 hours
Can Dermal Fillers be used at the same time as laser IPL and skin peels?
It is recommended that following Laser or Peels, the skin is allowed to recover for 4-6 weeks before undergoing dermal filler treatment.
How long will it take?
Most procedures can be completed within 30 minutes.
Will it hurt?
Some patients may experience a mild stinging or burning sensation as the product is injected. This is reduced significantly by application of a local anaesthetic cream prior to treatment.
How long will it last?
Treatment result last between 6-24 months, depending on a variety of factors such as product type, area injected, degree of correction, age, skin type and lifestyle.
PRICEs FROM £395
Chin and Jawline
Possible side effects of Dermal Fillers
- Immediate redness, swelling, burning and itching around the treatment site are COMMON and should settle within the first few hours
- Bruising and swelling lasting up to 2 weeks are LESS COMMON and should resolve spontaneously
- Slight blue discolouration of the treatment area is LESS COMMON
- Cold sores may RARELY erupt following lip augmentation – this should be treated with Zovirax cream from the pharmacy
- Tissue infection / abcess is RARE and can be treated with antibiotics
- Granuloma (tissue nodules) are VERY RARE and can be treated with injection of steroid into the affected area
- Tissue necrosis (sores) is VERY RARE and usually resolves
- Hypersensitivity / allergy is VERY RARE and can be treated with antihistamines
You should avoid dermal filler treatment if any of the following are relevant:
- History of severe allergy or anaphylaxis
- Known bruising or bleeding disorders
- Anticoagulant and immunosuppressant drugs
- Pregnancy / breast feeding
Dermal Fillers Aftercare
- DO NOT apply make up or creams for at least 6 hours
- DO NOT expose the treatment areas to extreme heat (eg sunbeds / sauna) for at least 2 weeks, as this may affect product durability
- DO gently massage the treatment areas for up to 2 weeks to avoid unevenness